Orange and Cashew Granola Gingerbread Men
125g Primrose’s Kitchen Orange and Cashew granola
180g plain flour (use gluten free if required)
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed plus 4 tablespoons of water left to sit for 10 minutes)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
50g dairy free butter (melted)
40g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of baking powder
200g icing sugar
4 tablespoons of aquafaba (juice from a can of chickpeas)
Red food colouring (optional)
Green food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine granola, flour, sugar, ground ginger, ground cinnamon,
allspice, ground cloves and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine flax eggs, vanilla extract, butter and molasses.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and thoroughly combine.
- Next, sprinkle some flour onto the work surface and using a rolling pin roll out the
mixture until it is approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a gingerbread man cutter cut out approximately 12 cookies and lay them on
the baking trays.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes until they have darkened in colour.
- Meanwhile using a hand or electric whisk, whisk the icing sugar with the aquafaba.
- If using food colouring, pour one tablespoonful of the icing into two bowls, before
adding the food colouring. Combine.
- Pour each of the 3 icings into separate piping bags and place them in the fridge
whilst the cookies cool.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom of each piping bag and decorate the cookies as you wish.